KayakFind on the map
For lovers of wild and fast rapids, the Soča River is one of the most desired destinations in all of Europe.
The section of the Soča running through our region offers practically everything:
kayakers will love the section of between the Otona pool and Kobarid; and families, schoolchildren, and beginners will prefer the smooth flow between the gravel sections from Kobarid to Tolmin.
The River regime on Soča River:
- Water activities on the Soča River and the Koritnica stream are only permitted between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. from 15th March to 31st October.
- It is strongly recommended that visitors are accompanied by experienced and qualified local guides.
- All such activities are undertaken at one's own risk.
- Access to the river is only allowed at specially marked places. To use the above mentioned places to enter or exit the river it is necessary to have a permit.
- Camping is only permitted in the designated campsites.
Any breach of regulation is liable to a fine in accordance with the Municipal Order. Respect the nature and park your vehicles only in designated parking spaces!
For Soca River permits are required.
Information about permits, prices: www.soca-plovba.si/english
Sport agencies in Soča Valley: